F U N A C T I V I T E S F O R G U E S T S
1// Painting Hot Air Balloons
*Perfect for the moment when all the tea ceremonies are finished, photos are taken, when things start to calm down. Usually this is also the moment when your guests start to feel a bit tired, sitting around and not doing much ...
After the painted Hot Air Balloons are dry, they can be hung up as your wedding photograph backdrops!
Get all your bridesmaids, ushers or close friends to help prepare paper mache balloons 2-3 days prior to your wedding (allow the glue to dry!)
Materials: (for 30 guests)
- 30 balloons
- 1 balloon air pumps (sold in most party supply shops, ToyRus probably has it)
- white glue + water
- stacks of old newspaper
- white kitchen tissue papers
- 30 pieces of 5x14 inches recycle cardboard paper (should be strong yet foldable)
- 2-3 rolls of masking tapes (with thick width)
sold in most 五金
- 1-3 thick sewing needles
- thin linen strings (sold in most 五金
- 30 small straw baskets (sold in most $12 dollars shop)
Preparation:1) tear the newspaper and tissue papers into stripes
2) mix 3/4 white glue to 1/4 water in a big plastic box, stir until they becomes
3) roll the cardboard paper into a cylinder, taped with masking tape. This will form
the base for the paper mache(d) balloon4) pump the balloons (don't pump all the balloons in one-go in case air leakage of
some balloons while you are busy doing paper mache!)
Step 1: Paper mache 5-6 layers of newspaper onto the pumped balloons, finish the last (top) layer with white kitchen tissue papers
Step 2: Let dry for a few hours, place under the sun or a fan to speed up the drying process
Step 3: Once the paper mache balloons are completely dry, cut out a small hole on one side
Step 4: Put the cardboard paper cylinder roll into the hole, join them together with masking tape
Step 5: Poke the silver hooks onto the top of the paper mached balloon, apply thick glue around the joint edges, let dry
Step 6: Poke a few holes around the cylinder base with thick sewing needles. Then, push the strings through the holes and join the cylinder base with a basket.
Taaaa Da! A paper mache hot air balloon is made!
Don't forget to provide paint, brushes and 1-2 tables for your guests to participate in this exciting activity on your wedding day!
2// Sky Latterns
Perfect for outdoor / beach wedding venues!
Not much preparation required! Just purchase sky latterns online